I’ve been nominated by Jennifertheprincesz for the Liebster Award. Thank you so much, Jennifertheprincesz! :)
The award comes with 11 questions, which I need to answer to the best of my abilities. Here we go!
1. What made you start blogging?How is blogging different than keeping a diary for you or is it the same?
It has been over seven years since I started blogging. I was new to the internet then, new to the idea of blogs, and new to writing out my thoughts and voicing them to the world. I am a late bloomer, yes. So, the world of the internet and blogging fascinated me, and I wanted to explore more of it. Also, I was experimenting with writing in different forms – I still am – and a blog sounded like the perfect platform for doing that. That’s how my blogging journey started. I no longer blog there, though. For certain reasons, I gave up on that blog and started this one, which has been a faithful companion for the past few years.
How different is blogging from keeping a diary? For me, both are very different things. My personal diary would reflect the heart of me – the true me – while my blog reflects only the surface of the iceberg. I am so not comfortable with sharing anything and everything about my life on my blog – that is for certain ears (and eyes) only.
2. Do you have a pet? If yes, which one? And if not, why?
I would love to have a dog but, sadly, we don’t have any pet at the moment. The OH and I have always had busy schedules, so it didn’t seem fair to bring a dog home, though both of us would dearly love to. Here is a post I wrote about the very same thing, a couple of years ago.
Things have changed now. I don’t have a full-time job any more. In spite of that, we are not ready to get a pet. Yet. So, that will have to wait for a better time in future, I guess.
3. Which city do you think is the best to settle down in India? And why?
I have lived only in two cities long-term so far – Ahmedabad and Bangalore. I love both, for different reasons. Ahmedabad appeals to me for its small-town feel, the vibrancy of life, the food, the culture, the (comparitively) lower cost of living, and the ease of commuting. Bangalore occupies a place in my heart for its beautiful, beautiful weather, the cosmopolitan culture, the thousands of things I can do here, the wonderful employment opportunities, and the things that I can learn here.
In the long run, I think living in a smaller city like Ahmedabad is great, in the later part of life when most experiences have been had. It is much easier on the nerves.
4. What is the one thing that you ordered in a restaurant and it turned out to be totally yuck and expensive?
A green pesto pasta in an Italian restaurant. I ordered it out of curiosity, and it scarred me for life.
5. If you see your enemy (or simply somebody you dislike) in a helpless situation, will you go forward and help them? Or leave them and enjoy mercilessly?
I would go ahead and help, if the other person is willing to receive it. I am not the kind of person who would stand back and ‘enjoy mercilessly’, in such a situation. Fool? Maybe, yes, but that’s who I am.
6. Have you ever been caught by your parents doing something totally inappropriate for your age?
No. I have always been a role model of a child and adolescent. I am not sure my parents still think the same of me. :)
7. What is that one thing that you criticize publicly, but do the same in private?
Usually, I don’t do that. First off, I am not a big public voicer of complaints or a criticizer, considering that I am a big-time introvert. Secondly, if I don’t like something, I say so. I try my best not to do it just for the sake of doing it, and then stew inside.
8. Do you like water sports? Which one?
Nah. I am not at all a sports person, water ones included. The closest I have come to water sports is walking in the rain, and I love doing that.
9. Have you ever thought (or actually did ) of harming somebody very badly in order to get back at them? How?
No. That, again, is so not me. The worst I would do in such a situation is shout at the other person in my head, and leave the rest to life to take care of.
10. Do you fart and behave like the other person is guilty of the crime?
11. Have you ever been caught by the police ( or worst locked up)? For what reason?
Jennifer, it was fun answering these questions! :)
I am not tagging anyone in particular for the award, since most of the bloggers I read have received it already. If you want to take up the tag on your blog, please do feel free to do so!