The Four Fountains Spa recently sent across a sample of their latest innovation – myDailyMeal meal replacement shake – for review. The product sounded very interesting to me, considering I have never tried a shake in replacement of a meal before, and that is precisely why I said yes to review it.
About the product:
As per the myDaily Meal website, “myDaily is our effort to break food into its fundamental basics and provides the most convenient and healthy nutrition in today’s fast paced life. It is the best meal option rather than skipping meals or eating junk due to lack of time.”
The press release provided by The Four Fountains PR states “myDaily Meal is a Perfectly Engineered Meal Replacement Shake that provides exact nutrients – including proteins, carbohydrates, fats, minerals, vitamins and fiber – as required by your body in 1 meal.”
Further, the website says, “myDaily is prepared using ingredients of natural origin. All the ingredients contained in the formula are essential nutrients needed by the body on daily basis. These ingredients are deemed safe by Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) and are not known to cause any side effects. It has no added preservatives, no artificial colours and is transfat free. The product has been formulated by Dr. Ezhil Arasan who is a well known research scientist and a consultant to various nutrition and nutraceutical companies.”
In other words, myDaily is a shake that can replace one meal of yours in terms of nutrition. This is something you can have in lieu of a meal on the go, or if you are too caught up in chores to sit down and eat.
My thoughts on the product:
- I liked the packaging of the product. It comes in easy-to-carry pouches that you can take anywhere. I like that this product can be useful to people who might not have access to nutritious food for a certain amount of time.
- The shake is very, very easy to use. All you need to do is empty the contents of one pack (115 gm) into a shaker containing 350 ml of water, shake well to ensure that the powder dissolves entirely and mixes well with the water, and you get a ready-to-consume shake.
3. I was expecting the shake to have a medicinal smell and taste, but it was pleasantly free of any such thing. I was provided a chocolate-flavoured sample for review, and the shake tasted (and smelt like) any other chocolate-flavoured shake, albeit a tad watery.
4. The shake isn’t slimy or extremely thick, as you would expect a health drink to be, but quite palatable.
5. I found the shake to be a wee bit too sweet for my taste – an artificial sweetener kind of sweetness that you feel in your throat. If that can change, plus the addition of some milk solids, the shake would be scrumptious, I feel.
6. I had the shake in lieu of breakfast one day, and it kept me full for about three hours.
7. The shake is available, presently, in three flavours – chocolate, vanilla and neutral. So, if you plan to consume this every day, you can alternate between flavours and do not have to get bored of the same old drink all the time.
- I received the sample free of cost in exchange for a honest review. The views expressed herein, about the product, are entirely my own and not influenced by anyone else. I do not stand to receive any commercial gain by promoting or not promoting this particular product.
- I am not enough of an expert to take you through the ingredients on the packet and tell you how good or bad they are. Also, I am not one to advocate the skipping of a meal in lieu of a packaged product (I would go for a plate of idlis or a home-made fresh fruit milkshake instead), except for situations of dire emergency or need. I agreed to this review just because I was curious about the product, and am stating my honest thoughts about it here. The decision of whether to try it out or not, I leave to your discretion.
- The myDaily website states, and I agree: “If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or suffering from an illness it is best to consult your healthcare provider before consuming myDaily.”
- I am not knowledgeable enough to comment on the effect of this product on weight loss. It would be best to take the advice of a nutritionist or doctor of repute, in this regard.
Price and Availability:
Each packet of myDaily Meal Replacement Shake costs INR 175.
Have you tried this or a similar meal replacement shake out? How was your experience with it?