Ganesh Chaturthi is just around the corner, and that means it is time to prepare sweets at home, according to me. 🙂 So, I think it is also time to tell you about these gorgeous orange-infused date & nut pedas that I made a while back. If you are looking for a no-cook, super simple but super delicious sweet dish recipe for the upcoming festival, you needn’t look any more. These pedas will surely be much loved.
Now, let’s wait no longer and cut straight to the recipe.
Ingredients (yields about 15 pedas):
10 orange cream biscuits (I used Bounce)
15 dates (de-seeded)
5-6 tablespoons dry coconut powder
About 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Powdered cashewnuts and almonds, for decoration
A little butter/ghee to grease your palms
- Break up the orange cream biscuits into large pieces. Powder them in the mixer, along with the cashewnuts and almonds.
- Now, add the de-seeded dates, cocoa powder and dry coconut powder to the mixer, mix with a spoon, and give everything a whir together for a couple of seconds. Ensure that everything is well mixed together.
- Grease your palms with a little butter, and shape pedas or small balls out of the mixture.
- Decorate the pedas with powdered cashewnuts and almonds, and place them in an air-tight box.
- Keep the box in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, letting the pedas chill and set well.
- Serve them chilled or after bringing to room temperature.
Do you like the sound of these pedas? I hope you will try these out too, and that you will love them as much as we did!
Here are some other easy dessert recipes that I have tried out and loved.