I’m here today with one more mango-based recipe – mango ice cream. 🙂
I don’t have an ice cream maker at home, and so, use a secret ingredient to make my ice creams gloriously smooth and creamy. Want to know what that secret ingredient is? Condensed milk! Did you know that you can make just about any flavour of ice cream using condensed milk? That is precisely how I made the lemon-flavoured ice cream earlier.
What’s even better about this recipe is that it takes just a few minutes to put together – it is that easy to make. The flavourful end result is so much more than the effort it takes to make this ice cream, really. Plus, it is eggless! And it doesn’t need repeated grinding and putting back into the freezer, like some home-made ice creams need. What more can you ask for from an ice cream recipe?!
Here’s how I made the mango ice cream.
Ingredients (for about 6 servings):
200 ml whipping cream (I used Amul)
200 grams sweetened condensed milk (I used Amul)
1 medium-sized ripe mango, peeled and pureed
A pinch of salt
Powdered sugar, to taste, if needed
- Combine the mango puree, whipping cream, condensed milk and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk till you get a smooth mixture, and everything is well combined together.
- Add powdered sugar if you think the mixture is not sweet enough. I added about 4 tablespoons. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight box.
- Let the box chill in the freezer till the ice cream sets. This takes a few hours.
- Remove the box from the freezer only when you are ready to serve the ice cream, for it melts real fast.
- I prefer using whipped cream for making this ice cream, since it makes for a thicker, more flavourful dessert. If you aren’t able to get your hands on whipped cream, you could use fresh cream instead, in the same quantity. It tastes great that way too, just not as creamy as when you use whipped cream.
- You could decorate the ice cream with fresh mango puree or freshly chopped ripe mango slices, while you serve it.
Do you like the sound of this recipe? I hope you’ll try it out too, and that you’ll love it as much as we do!
Would you like to read about the other mango special recipes that I made this season? Here you go!