I have heard about the ‘murukku sandwiches’ that are available in Chennai, but have never had a chance to taste them. I have always been intrigued by them, though.
I had a packet of small murkkus lying at home since long, and wanted to use them up. So, murukku chaat it was for a tea-time snack yesterday. I took the cue from this recipe, and made my own modifications to it. It was delicious!
Ingredients (for 10 murukkus):
10 small ready-made murukkus
1 cube Amul cheese, grated
A few sprigs of fresh coriander leaves, chopped finely
1 small-sized onion, chopped finely
1 small-sized tomato, chopped finely
1 small-sized potato (boiled, peeled, and mashed)
Green, spicy chutney (see note below)
Sweet and sour chutney (see note below)
1. Place the murukkus on a plate.
2. Smear a little of the mashed potato on each murukku.
3. Add a few chopped onions and tomatoes over each murukku.
4. Add the sweet and sour chutney and the green chutney over each murukku.
5. Add the grated cheese and chopped coriander over each murukku.
6. Sprinkle a pinch of chaat masala over each murukku.
Refer to this recipe to know how I make the spicy green chutney and the sweet and sour chutney.