So, I was nominated by Sangi for the ‘Very Inspiring Blogger’ Award, and tagged for a meme. Thank you so much, Sangi! 🙂
The rules for the nominees are:
- Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Here we go, with the seven facts about myself…
1. I am presently reading a book called Life According To Lubka by Laurie Graham, one that I discovered at a used books store. It sounded interesting, and I picked it up without ever having heard of the book or the author before. I am more than halfway done with the book, and quite enjoying it.
2. I am eagerly looking forward to the OH’s being at home tomorrow. He has a leave tomorrow for Eid.
3. I picked up some fresh, fresh, fresh vegetables from the Malleshwaram market yesterday. Eagerly looking forward to cook them.
4. We had dinner at Halli Mane over the weekend – a meal. It was not a traditional Kannadiga meal as we had expected, but a North Indian one. The food was lovely, though!
5. I had ordered a late gift for the OH’s birthday, online, about 15 days ago – my first real brush with online shopping. One delay happened after another, and there was a pathetic response from the website concerned. Me being me, I told the OH yesterday that I had ordered something for him, but was ultra frustrated with the website. Thankfully, my big mouth didn’t tell him what I had ordered, so that is still a surprise. 🙂 Today, the gift finally arrived. Phew! I am so looking forward to the OH’s returning from work today, to see the expressions on his face as he unwraps his gift.
6. The OH somehow got my Whatsapp up and running, after it not working for a couple of months. I have been rediscovering Whatsapp, and having fun with it, snapping pictures on a whim and sharing them with like-minded friends.
7. The security guy in the apartment next to ours is a Tamilian, and he loves chatting with our family whenever we get out of home. He calls the OH and his two younger brothers Periyavar, Nallavar and Vallavar respectively, which is quite an accurate representation of the brothers, I must say. He calls me, my MIL, my SIL and my mother Amma, my dad Aiyyah, and my SIL’s children Chinna Aiyyah and Periya Aiyyah (they are in Std. 6 and Std. 8!). This little one is referred to as Amma, too. I have super fun listening to him, and the way he describes the things happening in our neighbourhood. I think I can do one entire post on him!
As for the nominations, most of the bloggers I know have already taken up this meme, so I’m not nominating anyone here. Moreover, there are only a handful of blogs I read these days.
And, as for the award logo, I already have it up in this post.
Thanks for reading, guys!