I know I’m late in doing this post, and I apologise for that. 😦
Coming to the receipt of the award, I’ll do it the simple way, with a few lovely quotes that I came across recently and really liked. I hope you won’t mind that!
1. Ralph Waldo Emerson once asked what we would do if the stars only came out once every thousand years. No one would sleep that night, of course. The world would create new religions overnight. We would be ecstatic, delirious, made rapturous by the glory of God. Instead, the stars come out every night and we watch television.
~ Paul Hawken
2. Not only did I love her, but I could tell the universe loved her, too. More than others. She was different. After all, I would be a fool not to notice the way the sunshine played with her hair.
~ Christopher Poindexter
3. Sometimes you can’t explain what you see in a person. It’s just the way they take you to a place where no one else can.
4. There’s a voice that doesn’t use words. Listen.
5. Someone I once loved gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift.
~ Mary Oliver
6. Enjoy your youth. You’ll never be younger than you are at this very moment.
~ Chad Sugg
7. I think hell is something you carry around with you. Not somewhere you go.
~ Neil Gaiman
8. For in every adult there dwells the child that was, and in every child there lies the adult that will be.
~ John Connolly
9. Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn’t it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.
~ Neil Gaiman
10. I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.
~ Marilyn Monroe