Aparna has passed on the Versatile Blogger Award to me, and has tagged me to write 7 random things about myself. Thank you, Aparna! 🙂
- I love bright, basic colours like maroon, red, green, blue and brown. Whenever I need to choose clothes – for myself or for others – I commonly lean towards these colours.
- Though I am a bookworm, I haven’t read many books that I should have. There is a HUGE gap in my reading that I keep trying to rectify. I haven’t read any Jane Austen or Ayn Rand, and I have missed out on many classics in my childhood.
- I do not drive. I have never driven in my life, except learning to ride a bicycle and riding it for a few days to school. Somehow, I have managed to survive without driving thus far, but I can see that I should learn. I might not have it so easy in the times to come.
- I love dogs. I would love to have a dog at home, but I have never gotten around to it. We are not sure how to take care of it, as both the OH and I are away from home for almost the entire day.
- I chose the Commerce stream over Arts and Science in high school. I post-graduated in Commerce, and was good at it too, academically. Everyone thought I would become a professor. I surprised everyone by deciding to take up writing and editing as a career.
- I cannot read and write in my mother tongue, Tamil – a fact that I am not very proud of. I would love to rectify this.
- I do not drink alcohol and am a vegetarian by choice. That sometimes does put me in a tight spot at company parties, but I manage.
Phew! That required some DEEP thinking! 🙂
Most of the bloggers I read have already done this tag, so I am not tagging anyone in particular. Do feel free to take it up if it interests you! 🙂
Edited to add on May 24, 2012: The adorable Kismi Toffee Bar also passed on this award to me. Thank you so much, Kismi! 🙂